Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Home: A Happy Universe

Homeschooling is one of those things I thought I'd always want to do...but always had some kind of foolishly optimistic idea that it would be simple, straightforward and fun! So why have I been researching this thing for two years and still don't feel ready to start? Hmmm...maybe 'cause this really is a big deal...and maybe 'cause I'm too much of a perfectionist...or maybe 'cause I'm so disorganized!! Either way, there's such an overwhelming wealth of fact, opinion, and advice out there that I'm finding it hard to get my bearings! As I am beginning to see: the thing about teaching my kids at home is that I yet have so much to learn!

Personal Goals

My primary goal for this blog is NOT to add to the wealth of information that is already out there, rather, to give myself a central place to organize my tools, resources, thoughts and goals and to measure my progress as I can. My goal is to watch myself grow from a homeschooling novice to a homeschooling professional.

A secondary goal is to use this blog to see to it that homeschooling happens in a "happy universe." What I mean by that is that our home is where my kids and I exist, where we do everything! If we can not find simple ways to keep homeschooling fun and engaging then I can't imagine that we'll be able to keep it going, along with everything else that has to happen in our world! Yet, I do have a sense, even as I write this that homeschooling actually needs to become a part of our world so as to become a lifestyle of learning. My prayer is that this blog will help me sort and sift through this adventure so that the negative things will not deter us from moving forward and the postive things will serve as a reward for all of our effort!

The last goal, and most over-arching of all is that I will be able to freely express how my faith fuels my passion to instruct my children and how it literally sustains me in the midst of all of the discouragements that are sure to come. I don't necessarily expect anyone to follow this blog but regard it as more of a personal journal. This aspect, I think, will give me tremendous freedom as I wait patiently upon the Lord to lead and guide me through this amazing adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment